Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Had kia rondo oil changed, tires rotated, and completely

Customer Question

had kia rondo oil changed, tires rotated, and completely detailed, when I picked it up after hours, radio has power, fuse is OK, screen is lit, but it will not turn on. No other circuits affected.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, you should try unhooking the battery, play with the radio buttons a bit with the battery unhooked. Then re-connect the battery. If that does not solve it, it likely will need a radio. Although it is suspicious that it just happened after the detail so I would definitely bring it back to the place where it was done.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating me 3 stars or higher or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
good idea, so i tried it twice and left the battery (negative) disconnected for at least 5 min. each time, but did not fix the problem, noyiced that they also detailed the engine (liquid issues?)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
don't really need a call, just need to know what to try next

Detailing the engine is normal, doesn't do any harm. Unfortunately there really isnt anything else to try. All Kias have issues with the radios for some reason. It probably needs to be replaced. If I recall correctly you can get a remanufactured ones from the dealership and it is under $100.