Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Helo there yes 2011 kia sportage car stuck in drive cant get

Customer Question

helo there yes 2011 kia sportage car stuck in drive cant get in park key stuck in ignision
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: ya steerring fine
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes tring to diagnose then fix myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just happened
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

You can try a Master Reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ya no that didn't work at all,key got get locked in ignition, still stuck in gear got key out again from disconnecting batt feels like button on shifter wont go all way in looking in shifter with leather boot off looks like it binding

there shift interlock solenoid in the shifter assembley ,take it off and move by hand then key will come out

check the cable on to of the trans in the picture i sent you , u have to remove battery to see .