Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I changed the on my kia towner 1999 she started running well

Customer Question

I changed the carburetor on my kia towner 1999 she started running well than she accelerated by it self than I see that the fuel gauge coming down fast . I am looking for a diagram for the carburetor and vacuum hoses. Could please hep me.
JA: Has the starter ever been changed before?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model of your '99 Kia?
Customer: towner
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes Ichange the carburetor and I may have mixe the hoses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It sounds like you have mixed one or more of the fuel feed hoses/return hoses or that the carburetor itself has an internal fault causing an over fuel issue.The engine is being over fueled and this is why the gauge is dropping as well as the fast acceleration issue here.I would re check the work that was done on the carb. to see if anything else besides mixed up hoses is the cause like an internal fault that needs corrected.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete