Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia sportage 2016 :when press on brake pedal car still

Customer Question

kia sportage 2016 :when press on brake pedal car still advances by itself, and when on cruise control does not disengage when press on brake pedal, when checked by kia garage say nothing is wrong. Have had 2 close calls while driving , had to use hand break to prevent having accident. what is the problem..
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: it,s a 4 cylinder and no haven't checked the fuse. When the garage checked the car, would they not check it automatically
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we just brought it to the Kia dealer, and with much insistance agreed to order break switch or something , we had found a recall 2011 on internet regarding faulty break switch, that could cause the cruise to not disengage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no , that,s the main problem, which causes added stress when driving, it,s basically a new car , so what is the problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, the brake switch definitely could cause the cruise to not disengage. However it would not cause the vehicle to not stop. If the brakes are actually not working when you step on the pedal there is another issue. When you say that it still advances by itself what do you mean?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When press on brake pedal, car still moves forward regardless of the breaks. . Activated the hand break to stop the car. This has happened 3 times in last two weeks. Has been checked by kia mechanic, coudn't find the problem, but said maybe faulty break switch , but was doubtful. The breaks are still new and work fine while driving otherwise

Ok, when it happens does the pedal vibrate or push back at all? Or alternatively does it go to the floor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok , We live in quebec city, canada ,is that a problem if we call you? My husband will speak to you about the problem. I'm just the texter, where are you at?

Unfortunately I am not able to take a call right now, I will open up your question to other professionals if you would like.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks anyway.