fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

Trying to fix up my daughters car 05 kia spectra runs rough

Customer Question

hi my name is Jeff
trying to fix up my daughters car
05 kia spectra runs rough on startup but warm it is better,almost sounds like an exhaust leak
sound but there is no exhaust leak.replaced the purge solenoid valve . idle is good
but runs rough on startup but warm it is better. fixed the vacuum leak and hard to start after gas fill up with purge solenoid. going to clean throttle body and mass air flow sensor, was concerned about timing position sensor, timing belts were changed @60,000 intervals engine runs strong. has 297,000 miles on it, could the crankshaft position sensor have any thing to do with it, put on meter no codes came up except purge solenoid
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** would recommend doing a compression test first. It sounds like you have an issue with a valve seat going bad in the engine. When these are small they will show up more when the engine is cold and could seal up as the engine warms. It can also be an ignition issue, but that is not nearly as common. If you need more help please let me know.