Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I think i have a dead mouse in the heater intake and blower

Customer Question

i think i have a dead mouse in the heater intake and blower system.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no there are no leaks that i have been able to locate.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2006 sportage
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am trying to. i took off the outside intake grill and looked around there. i pulled the cabin air filter and it had a little bit of mouse droppings and so i changed it. if i had a picture of the whole intake system i would be able to better understand where to attack the problem from.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you.Oh boy this can be a real pain getting critters in the heater and watch out they don't get on your motor and start chewing wires. put some lemon peels around they smell good and repel pests. When you turn your heater fan on high do you hear anything or does it vibrate?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, the heater sounds fine but the smell is unbearable. do you know where i can get a layout of the heating system right from the intake on?

Hello again, I have a pic of your venting, and can walk you through it if you like , would you like to discuss it via phone chat through the sight? your choice just thought it would be easier and faster to solve your problem. I am also including a product that will help get rid of that odor. http://removeandreplace.com/2013/05/25/how-to-get-the-bad-smell-out-of-car-ac-vent-system-diy/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks again,that helps me.

cheers ***** ***** you require further assistance I'll be available, don't forget to rate my answer. and don't forget to protect against further pest intrusions as I stated with lemon peels or mothballs.