Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I was on a trip yesterday and I went up in elevation 4500 ft

Customer Question

I was on a trip yesterday and I went up in elevation 4500 ft from the valley I have been driving in most of the time. On the way back last night the lite with the engine block icon came on. I checked the oil and the manual and it said it needed maintanance
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the one shaped like the engine block
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2013 soul
JA: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, but on line I found that there our issues with that particular icon and elevation I was wondering if that may be the trouble because the lite went off this morning
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that seems to be the only issue
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. The light you are talking about is not the service reminder light it is a fault code light . It may have been elivation related how ever I would suggest to check for trouble codes current, history or pending just to make sure. eVEN THOGH IT MAY BE RUNNING OK IT COULD BE IN FAILSAFE MODE TAKING A AVERAGE READING OF THE SENSORS .hOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT AND IF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER ASSISTANCE i;LL BE HAPPY TO DO SO.