Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I was on a trip yesterday and I went up in elevation 4500 ft

Customer Question

I was on a trip yesterday and I went up in elevation 4500 ft from the valley I have been driving in most of the time. On the way back last night the lite with the engine block icon came on. I checked the oil and the manual and it said it needed maintanance
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the one shaped like the engine block
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2013 soul
JA: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, but on line I found that there our issues with that particular icon and elevation I was wondering if that may be the trouble because the lite went off this morning
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that seems to be the only issue
Category: Kia
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. The light you are talking about is not the service reminder light it is a fault code light . It may have been elivation related how ever I would suggest to check for trouble codes current, history or pending just to make sure. eVEN THOGH IT MAY BE RUNNING OK IT COULD BE IN FAILSAFE MODE TAKING A AVERAGE READING OF THE SENSORS .hOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT AND IF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER ASSISTANCE i;LL BE HAPPY TO DO SO.