EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

Kia soul- back hatch door was open, car was backed

Customer Question

kia soul- back hatch door was open, car was backed up-----hit garage door frame, hatch door was pushed forward a bit so that the hatch top scrapes against the roof and it won't latch to lock. any idea on how to get the latch lower so it engages the locking piece? (thus avoiding body work)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Yo could try shimming up the striker on the body. That is the piece that the latch goes onto. I have actually never performed that, but I think with some washers you could give it a try.

Thanks for viewing my response. Do you have a chance to try shimming the striker? Did it work? Do you have any more questions on this?