indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  27 years experience on imports17 years shop owner.
29331485

Passenger floors soaked. 2013 Optima, Removed a lot of

Customer Question

Passenger floors soaked.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2013 Optima
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed a lot of panels/moldings for inspection. Ran water over roof/area but nothing showed inside. Believe the water soaked floors notably worse after days of heavy rain and car was parked most of that time. Also blew out A/C leach-ate tube<nothing. And don't suspect heater core leak cause its just water.
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: Just said its WATER! Also stated passenger's side already. Don't know where POE is. Why I'm asking you.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you? I'm just trying to get information to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi.

With your garden hose pour a lot of water on the vent intake just below the front windscreen .

and have a second person sit on the passengers side and check under the front dash for water leak, as its known for this model to have a leak from the heater box seal behind the glove box where the air intake goes to the heater box. .

Second open the sunroof and with a litter bottle od water pour carefully down the drainage holes and just behind the front wheels you should see water drain onto the road ,no water clean the drainage hose .

Please check this then get back to me if needed.

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg