john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years foreign and domestic shop owner and technician
6149662

06 kia sorento, replaced timing belt, water pump, full tune

Customer Question

06 kia sorento, replaced timing belt, water pump, full tune up. Car has all lights but does a smooth turn with no start.
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: 2 miles on new timing belt. Old belt did not break, water pump was leaking so changed timing belt as well.
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, weve bypassed the ignition. Did starter to battery and she starts, but no rpms on dash or speedometer. Shell run for 8 minutes or so then dies
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Kia
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 2 months ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
did you do anything with cam or crank sensor

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. However, the fans were constantly running with ignition on acc. Removed ign 2 fuse under tge hood and fans shut off..

do you have a scan tool? can you watch cam and crank signal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Car only idles when shes running. I can press my accelerator to the floor and still only maintains idle.
No i do not have a scan tool. I did run a code tester on her. P0320- ignition/distributor engine speed input circuit,

You most likely have a bad crank or camshaft sensor. Either way it is a bad sensor that is not being read correctly by the computer.Most common is the cam sensor is failing thats what gives the signal to the tach .So you need to test the sensor and make sure the connector and the wiring to the cam sensor are not damaged .These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks