Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a problem with my the A/con of my 2006 2.0 crdi Kia

Customer Question

I have a problem with my the A/con of my 2006 2.0 crdi Kia Sportage: Every 10 seconds, the a/c compressor stops runnig for 30 seconds, then runs again and so on. After a check, the compressor is ok, no fluid leak, no electric failure. during the running time, the air is really cold. I think it could be the pressostat. Thank you for your help.
JA: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?
Customer: I don't know but he fluid is ok, I made it checked by a professionnal and he filled the circuit two times to be sure of. He noticed that the compressor cuts when the pressure in the circuit is high (on the manometer).
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, but I'm trying to locate the pressostat with no succes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Normally this action os related to incorrect freon level or a pressure sensor. Can you do diag?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris