Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

I have a 2012 optima and lately when I turn on my car. Today

Customer Question

I have a 2012 optima and lately when I turn on my car. Today I turned on my car (it hesitated to start) but eventually did but everything from my trip odometer to my clock resetted. I'm trying to figure out if its the key itself, battery, alternator, ignition coils, blown out fuse, etc.
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: Once in a awhile, mostly tire pressure due to the weather
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, just looking for answers to see if other optima owners have had this issue. This is the first time this has happened.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How to save my optima before anything goes wrong and does this situation happen with optimas from 2012-2016
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  thomas hill replied 25 days ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today. sounds to me like your battery is going bad when you try and start the car its taking all the battery has left to try and start the car and the voltage is dropping to low and the electronics in the car can't run on that low of voltage so they reset them self i would change the battery and i think you will be in good shape.