Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a Sportage 2012 and it won't start and there is a

Customer Question

I have a Sportage 2012 and it won't start and there is a light flashing beneat the radio what the cause please
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

The flashing light means alarm is triggered and the ecm computer wont let it start .

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
To know is it the module, The key ,the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately

Note: if you have 2 keys try xstarting it with the other key in case the one you are using lost its syn with computer

But you can try a manual reset using below procedure

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )If cables don't reach use any electrical wire as an extension

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 26 days ago.

Hey how are you ,this Chad from JustAnswer

I was wondering if you like any further assistance on it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat