Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I am trying to repair a broken Headrest guide assembly for a

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to repair a broken Headrest guide assembly for a 2015 KIA soul. I have ordered the part which I am waiting on. My question is how do I release the old one from the seat located just below the top of the seat cover so I could insert the new one. Thought perhaps there was a release button but could not find one. Thank you
JA: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes thought I would give it a try. So far removed the headrest and pulled down some of the seat fabric just to look.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is it.
Category: Kia
Expert:  adamfeather replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you! I have an associates degree in automotive technology, I’m ASE certified with 15 total years in the field. Let me see if I can find the removal instructions. I'll send it as I find it in the next few minutes.

Thanks,

Adam

I apologize I cannot get removal instruction specific to your model year. But hang in there! I will open the question so another expert can assist further.

Adam

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 months ago.

is there not a "pin hole" located on the Head rest Base Tube on top of the Seat?