Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I am having a major problem with my Surius radio. After over

Customer Question

I am having a major problem with my Surius radio. After over a year of working fine it freezes on one station and says " updating dating Sirius XM I can not change the station, or go to directing tuning or go to list or menu. This has been happening for 2 months. Sirius says it is not their problem. I should call Kia. My am and fm stains come in. Help me please! I travel a lot for work and need to listen to the Sirius radio. I am in love with my Sirrento ,it is my second one. My daughter has 2 Kia's and my husband had an Omtina. My other daughter will be buying a Kua soon! We are an all around Kia family. Thanks ******* *****(###) ###-####**@******.*** I JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car? Customer: Came with the car. It is a 2016 JA: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far? Customer: Call Sirius to fix in 5 times. Did it help. Went to my local Kia dealer. In Boca Raton , Fa said it wasn't Kia's problem. I'm very upset JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you? Customer: No everything else is good! I don't want to pay

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need to know if this is a factory audio unit with Sirius XM or an aftermarket Sirius XM unit

Also, I need to know the year and model of your Kia

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Factory installed. 2016 Sorrento
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry but I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as I do not have the schematics to check the system for the 2016 Sorrento. If another expert can help, they will post here for you