Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

2014 Kia Candeza. Have problems with the push start button.

Customer Question

2014 Kia Candeza. Have problems with the push start button. When I go to start the vehicle. I press the brake firmly and push the button but it would not start. All lights come on. Radio works everything works except it will not start. Tried it a few times and I had read the manual and saw that I can bypass pressing the brake with just pressing the start button with the smart key. And it started right up. Drive it around for 10 mins, came back home, turned it off and it tried to start it again and it's doing the same thing. Also, when I push the brakes they are stiff.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Hello

OK the brake pedal / pressure switch is used to as part of the starter switching circuit

so it sounds like you have a faulty switch and Kia have a bit of history with faulty pedal switchs

the unit is located at the top of the brake pedal in the drivers footwell so its quite easy to replace