Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I just bought a battery 2 weeks ago and my car is completely

Customer Question

I just bought a battery 2 weeks ago and my car is completely dead. I have gotten the alternator check and it is good.
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: Someone checked it about 1 month ago and it was charging. For some reason, it dies while it is parked.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: Kia Amanti 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Amanti yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have bought 2 batteries.in the last 6 months. I've had the alternator checked.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Kia
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

how long does it sit before the battery is dead ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I park it about 6 pm when i get home from work and the next morning it is completely dead
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

if the battery is confirmed good and they tested the alternator and the amps and volts test good then there has to be a draw on the electrical system enough to kill the battery when it sits

please have BOTH the battery and alternator tested again for volts and AMPS and for a bad cell in the battery

if they both pass those tests then a shop will need to do a draw test on the system

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

you need to give me a few to type back to you

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

they will connect a meter in series with your negative battery cable and see if there is a draw over 50 MA

if there is they will pull one fuse at a time until the draw drops below 50 MA and what ever is on that fuse is the draw

we usually see radios cause this type of issue

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My radio was gone out when I replacex the first battery in March and haven't worked since
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Replaced
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

have the battery and alternator double checked for amps and bad cells in the battery if they both are 100 % tested good for all of that then a draw test needs to be done next

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.
how are you making out ?you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswerif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer