sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I went out to take the kids to school this morning and put a

Customer Question

I went out to take the kids to school this morning and put a tape into the radio before putting the key in and turning it. It clicked twice like when it had a dead battery before popping softly and dying. I now have no power; no radio, lights, nothing. I checked the battery (which is less than a month old since I just replaced it) and it's at 100% charge. I checked the main ignition fuses under the hood and they're fine. I also checked the ignition fuse in the car (driver's side panel) and it's fine. Help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the vehicle went electrically dead when attempting to crank the engine then you either have a cable or connection issue or possibly the battery, but if it's less than a month old it shouldn't be a concern unless you have a battery draw. If an actual load test checking cold cranking amps was done then the battery can be ruled out, a percentage shown on a battery charger isnt reliable for diagnostics.

Do you have a digital voltmeter?
Have you checked battery connections?