Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I am exp' acquiring signal' very frequently. Will replacing

Customer Question

I am exp ' acquiring signal' very frequently . Will replacing the shark antenna for a new one fix the problem; if not do you know of a solid and reliable fix. Thanks Trenda
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be an issue with the antennae itself that feeds the satellite radio components or nav system as some models have.I have seen several antennae failures in the past before cause this issue here needing replaced.You will want to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and those codes diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool.This will help locate for sure if the antennae is at fault needing replaced or if another component is at fault like the receiver needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete