sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2012 optima ex uvo audio system haven't had sound for almost

Customer Question

2012 optima ex uvo audio system haven't had sound for almost 2 years tried the resets described have taken it to an audio guy twice , tried a different head unit and a different optima amp still nothing any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Have checked fuses maybe not all the fuses but the ones related to the sound system and no on the wiring diagram
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I've checked fuses pulled the 2 fuses that plug in together and disconnected battery oh and reset with small hole on the head unit itself and I was kind of hoping to fix this myself I've tried an audio guy and the dealership thought it was the head unit ,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's all I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The lack of sound could be the radio, amp, a wiring issue, or a loss of power or ground to the amp. If the radio and amp were replaced with used parts then they are still suspect, if they were remanufactured or you saw them work on another vehicle then you should be able to rule them out.

Have the amp power and ground feeds been tested?