Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2015 Kia Sorento. 20 k miles. Orlando, FL. AC fan speed and

Customer Question

2015 Kia Sorento. 20 k miles. Orlando, FL. AC fan speed and air flow fluctuate during first 15 minutes of driving. After that, it is Ok. New problem.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, perhaps a bit more detail.
1. Basic 4 cylinder.
2. No thermostat control for interior.
3. AC on, fan set on high.
4. Outside temp is 90F+
5. Fan reduces speed on it's own for several seconds, then resumes. Very intermittent.
6. After 10 or so minutes, it is fine.
7. Have owned this car for 16 months. It just started doing this.Worried.

I believe this blower resistor going bad is to blame here. The resistor also known as the FET is what controls the blowers speed. I would have this replaced while it is still under warranty.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.