Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Sunroof is stuck open it will go up but will not close all

Customer Question

Sunroof is stuck open it will go up but will not close all the way and I can't figure it out
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any debris in the track area that may be causing this issue here.I have seen debris cause this fault needing removed.If there is no debris that you can see this can be an issue with a broken or damaged track component needing replaced.In this case when you cannot see any obstructions the head liner has to be removed unfortunately for further inspection to the sun roof and track assembly to see if it can be repaired or if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete