Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

Codes p0014,poo24 and po442 ,took to kia dealer and oil pump

Customer Question

codes p0014,poo24 and po442 ,took to kia dealer and oil pump went bad and they told me I needed a new engine . I put in a oil pump and car runs fine except for these cades .
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yas
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2011 sedona
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to because I will never go back to the dealer that I went to before .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Kia
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, when you replaced the oil pump you must not have retimed the engine correctly. both banks B camshafts are over advanced. the only way to get rid of these codes is to re time it again. and the p0442 is the evap system detecting a small leak which could be Missing or loose fuel cap - Incorrect fuel filler cap used - Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close - Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap - EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks - EVAP system hose leaking - Fuel tank leaking ...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do you time a 2011 kia Sedona
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not today, but thank you

did you do the oil pump?

since the oil pump is chain driven theres a chance it wasnt reinstalled correctly or there are oil passages blocked that the cam timing needs to work correctly.

I wouldnt worry about retiming it as I was mistaken that the timing components had to be removed to replace the pump. alot of vehicles require that. I will opt out and let another tech chime in on a possible solution.