fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

Is it cheaper to go to a Kia dealership to get the

Customer Question

Is it cheaper to go to a Kia dealership to get the transmission control module replaced, or through a 3rd party? If through a 3rd party what is the process like. I have received conflicting information with regards ***** ***** a replacement part.
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** dealership would be the most expensive place to get it replaced, but they would be the best. Either way once the module is replaced the dealer will have to program it to communicate with your car. It would be best to have the dealer replace it as most shops do not have the ability to do the complete job. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What's required to "program it to communicate with the car"?
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 month ago.

That would require a factory computer scan tool to program the module to know what kind of car it is and how to shift. It also gives it information pertaining to the communication codes with the other modules so that they can communicate.