Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 KIA SPECTRA, shift button on shift wont depress took

Customer Question

2008 KIA SPECTRA, shift button on shift wont depress took cover off and watch as i press the brake cable and seems like the cable wont move back far enough for the button to be pushed down. is it possible the cable might be stretched preventing the button to be press down and shifting from park?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • This could be a stretched cable or weak actuator. How much farther must it move to release?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris