Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2005 kia amanti... Ac and fan stopped... shop says main fuse

Customer Question

2005 kia amanti . . . Ac and fan stopped . . . shop says main fuse block melted . . what may have caused this ?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No . . . they just have noticed the melted box
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's in a local shop . . . I haven't seen it . . . searching for used parts
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Ac has been weak on cold air lately
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

a melted main fuse could be from number of reason but a it is a short in a module, a compressor locked up while running , a loose ground etc...?

did ac compressor lock up while running ac ?

what parts are they requesting from you other than the melted fuse box ?

car-part.com is a good sources of finding used parts, gives all junkyards in usa and search their inventory .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Chad . . . I will get back to you after I pick up the car and talk more with the shop. . . . How do I continue this chat ?

oh it is easy , just come back and reply back here on this post and we can continue, this post will stay open for you

forever , so you can always come back and reply here and i will see it and i also get an email if i m off line saying you responded

you will also get an email each time i reply back to you , there will be also a link to our conversation so you can open it from there

I m online from 10 am till 12 pm tomorrow

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat