Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The AC on my 2006 Kia Amanti just stopped blowing this

Customer Question

The AC on my 2006 Kia Amanti just stopped blowing this morning. At lunch, after a second, it just turned on again and is working fine. I noticed in the last couple of weeks, the AC had hesitated for a moment before kicking on but this morning it went out completely.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No. But when it does run it feels nice and cool.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to check the fuses but the fact that it came back on again seems to rule that out.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When it wasn't working, I could hear a click behind the passenger side dashboard when I turned the AC fan all the way to max, but no wind.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

it sounds you have a blower motor or blower motor resistor problem, when the ac quits, the inside fan does not run neither correct ?

kia blower motor & relay location

when it stops working if you bang by hand under the glove box and on the bottom of blower does it start working again ?

BLOWER CIRCUIT

Please let me know if that works for you

Chad