Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

I have a 2006 KIA optima. One day last week the AC quit

Customer Question

i have a 2006 KIA optima. One day last week the AC quit working. The next day my wife drove to work and when she got ready to leave it would not start. i have the fuel pump and tank out, but i dont believe i am getting power to the fuel pump. But i am not sure i properly know how to check. There are two wires going to the pump itself. from my multi meter i touched both leads thinking i would get 12 volts when i turn the key on. but i am not.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 7 months ago.

Take one lead to a good ground, other lead to wire with a stripe, key on 12 volts. One wire is power the other ground. Power wire usually red ,orange purple or any of above with a stripe. ground wire solid color either black or green. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK i am going out to the garage. I will be back shortly

Will only have 12 volts for 2 seconds unless engine is turning over. So you will need an assistant to turn key on.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
best i can tell, it flickers with minimal voltage. Not even one volt. like .033 and then goes back down

Fuel pump relay failure

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have swapped it with others. is there a way to check where the relay plugs in?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there more than one. The only one i can find is at the fuse/relay box in the engine compartment

Signal comes from the computer, at this point it is time,for a professional with a scanner capable of communicating with the computer, Please Accept and Rate my answer, if you have further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

.