Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech

We were slowing down entering a town, then it stalled, then

Customer Question

We were slowing down entering a town, then it stalled, then it recovered immediately. But has occurred at high speeds, like a pause or hickup. Is this likely the crank position sensor?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you with this problem you are having we are going to need complete information. Need to know the year, make and model as well as engine size. Post back when you can with complete information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hyundai Sportage 2013
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Engine size unknown
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Okay thank you for that, The first thing you need to do before you replace any parts is to scan the computer system to see if there are any fault codes being detected. If you can get this done and post back with your results we can work from there.