Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

2006 Kia Optima LX 2.7. One day last week the AC quit

Customer Question

2006 Kia Optima LX 2.7. One day last week the AC quit working. The very next day my wife drove to work and it has not started since. it does not have a fuel pressure port. so i disconnected where it splits to the fuel rails, and had no fuel pressure. I tried to pull the fuel pump, but the lock ring would not come off, I have now dropped the tank and pulled the pump. im not sure where to go now to check for power, if pump is working etc,???
Category: Kia
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im David. let me get a print of the fuel pump and i will guide you on how to check for power..thanks

kind of hard to see. i believe put the meter omn 4 and 5 of the pumps connector and turn the key to on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do you just mean the connector that plugs to the pump? I have done that. It did not do anything I also checked that connector for power but did not get anything, not sure i was doing it correctly
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still with me

im still here

ok. have someone turn the key to on, while you are watching the meter. the voltage at the on position will only last a few seconds, so if you are trying to do both itwill be gone by the time you run back to look at the meter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
im sorry i guess i did it wrong. there is only a black and yellow wire going directly to the pump, Is that the ones i am testing. Is it ohms i am looking for? what is the symbol

yes, put a lead on each contact on the connector. set it to dc volts

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok i will be back

dc volts is a solid line with 3 dashes under it

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
with the key off it showed from .45 to .50. and when the key comes on it jumped to like .79 and the would lower back down around .50
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello

one minute my friend

well that aint no good. you need 12 volts

is the battery strong?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the car cranks over good

you are gonna have to pull the fuel pump relay and we will have to check for voltage there. i have to get of of this shop so i will be back on around 9:30