Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2006 Sportage, having trouble with 2 sensors that will not

Customer Question

2006 Sportage, having trouble with 2 sensors that will not re-set for the emissions test. Have tried drive cycle three times, but they still are not showing ready. Any suggestions?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: One is the O2 sensor and I dont know what the other one is. We had the air flow replaced because of a code showing that it was running lean.
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had it into two mechanics and both said to just keep driving it until the sensors reset
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

Are there warning lights on or any codes other than p1000?

If the vehicle will not clear the OBD monitors after 2 weeks then its often the PCM to blame.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris