Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

What would cause the control valve on the compressor to turn

Customer Question

What would cause the control valve on the compressor to turn off while the clutch is still on? It seems random, but once it happens, the valve will not turn back on until you turn the a/c off and back on. Scanner shows that the ac is still being turned on by the ecu, clutch is still engaged but the valve is off. Hoping this is something common to the Kia world but if no one has an answer, I would like a wiring diagram of the a/c system, and description/operation of the a/c. Please look at my profile before you answer. Thanks
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. What do you mean by control valve on the compressor? There is just a clutch on the compressor. Also, what is the exact problem that you are having with the ac?