EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

Have a 2005 sedona code p2015,0300,302,306. #2 & #6 coil &

Customer Question

have a 2005 sedona code p2015,0300,302,306. #2 & #6 coil & plugs replaced. havent done comp test yet. does the fix for volks diesel intake rinner 2015 code work kia? have not switched inj for the 306 & 302 to check fuel dilv. is there any known gremlin that would cause these codes?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: just bought it an hour ago. starts ok, runs ok. has a hesitation on acc from a light. smooths out. dont know the gas mileage. cant be good with the codes and it does seem to have a lack of power for a v6.
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fixing it myself. first im going to do a full comp test. and while im in it im going to switch out injectors in 2 and 6 for one of the good cly.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Hard to say which codes are setting first. The p2015 is for the intake manifold runner sensor. The sensor is located on the passenger side of the intake manifold. This sensor could be bad, or a poor wiring connection, or if the intake runner motor is not working. The intake runner should move if you rev the engine to over 3000 rpms.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for viewing my response. Let me know if you have any more questions and also please rate my assistance. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
looked inside the upper intake and the butterfly for the veriable induction is broke.(flopping around) cant find break down for it .is it a nonseviceable unit? the runners from lower intake and the runners to the throtel body are removeable. any backyard fix?