EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.

My 2012 KIA Sportage, almost 50,000 miles, will not start -

Customer Question

My 2012 KIA Sportage, almost 50,000 miles, will not start - This happened 3 times - twice in one short drive to grocery store and another store. Both times people came to help and it eventually started. I looked this up by googling and found directions for fixing what is considered a fault in the car. On httpc?? I read that a rubber inhibitor switch bracket on the inhibitor switch needs to be installed. I called the local KIA dealer/service and got the run around - I called twice in two days - and was told both days that a service person would call for a service appt. They never have. I am very reluctant to drive my KIA as I never know when it will refuse to start and it is also hesitating when gears shift.... What can I do?
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Sorry for the delay in response. We have been very busy with customers. When your Kia does not start and run, does the engine at least crank over? Or is there no cranking of the engine?

THanks for viewing my response. If you would like further assistance please reply to my response and also please rate my assistance. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What a non answer - so glad I took it to a local service - they dx'd it - very clever - butI'm not going to tell you whatthey said. I willnever ask here again.