George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
13574682

I have a 2015 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L V6 wired for towing. A

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L V6 wired for towing. A class 3 hitch and brake controller are being installed to tow a travel trailer. The trailer GVWR max is 3500 lbs and Kia manual says the max tow with cargo on the trailer is 3500 lbs. I will keep cargo limited to ensure I meet requirements. I am also having an anti-sway and weight distribution system installed. My concern is whether or not The KIA has an transmission cooler or if one should/can be installed. My local KIA dealer said a cooler is not part of a factory tow package but I am still concerned. Thanks, Jan
Category: Kia
Expert:  George H. replied 4 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

There is not an auxiliary cooler installed. You have the standard cooler in the radiator but for your situation I would have an aftermarket cooler installed to the front of the AC condenser in front of the radiator. It is usually $200 or so including parts and labor.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you'

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The response was quick and addressed my question fully.

I am always glad to help. If you have no further questions please complete the rating

Thank you