Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

The glove box on my brand new Soul (2016) is stuck - it

Customer Question

the glove box on my brand new Soul (2016) is stuck - it seems partially closed but the button won't release the door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, and I've only tried to close the door completely so that the button can be used. It seems to have caught on the right side but not the left
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's all I've got right now
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the way the door or dash may have been molded and one may need replaced or an issue with the latch itself at fault.Try pushing and pulling on the glove box door at the same time you are using the handle to try and open it and see if this resolves the issue.You can also get this checked and repaired at no charge to you at a local dealer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete