Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Kia Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Kia Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

My fan won't blow on my 2007 kiaspectra! Sometimes when we

Customer Question

My fan won't blow on my 2007 kiaspectra! Sometimes when we hit a bump it will start working again?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes!
JA: What is the model of your '07 Kia?
Customer: Spectra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have not tried anything! It would be nice to fix it ourselves?!?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope!
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

From what you are describing here, it sounds like there is a poor connection at the blower motor or the bearings internal of the blower motor are worn and intermittently seizing and making the blower motor stop turning. The blower motor is access from under the passenger's side dash. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the blower motor. Replacing the blower isn't a bad job at all. Definitely a job a DIY'er can accomplish. I've wrapped up the procedure to replace the blower motor into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file here: https://goo.gl/zMOiD9

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!