Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Was driving yesterday and parked last night. This morning i

Customer Question

Was driving yesterday and parked last night. This morning i cannot start it. Enjin turns all dash lights cime on etc what can it be
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No .. Witch ones is that
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2006 sorrento ex 4x4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery now flat on charge now try to fix myself cause i cannot afford a dealer now. Only pumped the diesel pump
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Jip. The enjin cuts out now and then wait for 30sec then it start again the yellow light comes on left bottom on dash board once the car was switch off and re start the enjin light is off did rake it to kia on checked on computer code p0504 and p1188 the mechanic said he cannot help but reset it
Category: Kia
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, sorry for your issues. You will need to remove the fuel pick up and level sensor from the fuel tank and clean the filter from debri and contamination...that will take care of the p1188. for the p0504, the brake switch under the dash attached to a brackey along side the brake pedal will need replaced or adjusted.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi David .. Im Piet .. Thx for the advise how can this happen was driving the whole day yesterday parked it and refuse to start .. I am staying 40 km from town please give me advise what can i do to start it to take it to town to a dealer

place the shift lever in neutral and see if it will start

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi David .. I tried no results my son in law was here he thinks the diesel is not going through. The diesel pump was done in december last year

you will need to check the fuel filter then

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
New diesel filter was servised last month

theres also a filter in the tank

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Morning David.. Please help must i take the tank off or is there a another way to get to that filter in the diesel tank

i believe there is access through a plate under the rear seat....let me check for sure

im not sure about the diesel as i have no information for that here in the states, but it is accessible through the floor on a gasoline model

any update?

hello??????