Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 Kia Sportage. The car will not turn-over after I put

Customer Question

2005 Kia Sportage. The car will not turn-over after I put gas in it. It takes a few times before it starts. Once it does start, the car starts the first time, every time. Is the problem a pressure regulator or fuel pump?
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: Original.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I've replaced the fuel cap and the fuel pulsation damper.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No one has responded yet.

Does this long crank no start issue occur only after fill up?

Does it occur if you only refill to half tank?

So far a faulty fuel tank vapor vent valve looks to be to blame. Fuel can enter the EVAP system through a faulty valve and flood the engine in this scenario.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris