Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

2006 Kia Sorento LX, trying to figure out why the doors all

Customer Question

2006 Kia Sorento LX, trying to figure out why the doors all lock when you open the passenger door
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

To crlarify, the doors lock whenever the passenger door is opened? Does it seem like it corresponds with movement of the door handle or movement of the door itself?

The most common cause of something like this is a broken wire in the door jamb- if it seems to correspond with the movement of the door.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It happens right as you 'pop' the handle it immediately wants to lock again ot happens probably 9 out of 10 times
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

There is a yellow "lock" wire that runs from the lock module under the dash to the passenger door lock switch. That wire is probably shorted to ground causing the doors to lock. You could try pulling the door panel and looking for a spot where that wire has rubbed through, and also check the wiring in the door jamb for signs of rubbing through that might cause a short in the yellow wire.

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

If not, please don't forget to rate. That's how Just Answer compensates us for our time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm trying to find the electrical connector to the acutuator it's up inside the body of the door but I feel like that's the problem because I felt around and now it doesn't happen nearly as much
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

So maybe the actuator is just binding up? That's possible. It's tough to get to the actuator connector on this model.

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Your question has dropped to my timed out list.