virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

My Kia Sorento diesel only starts with quick start. We

Customer Question

Good dayMy Kia Sorento diesel only starts with quick start.
We changed the glow plugs and various sensors
Kia dealer cant fix this problem vehicle has done only 27000 km
however the vehicle was parked in a garage for over a year and wasnt driven a lotplease assistregardsJohan
Category: Kia
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So the problem your having is caused by either low heat or really poor fuel pattern.Causes of low heat.
1) low compression. If it sat for a year the rings can be partially stuck in place.
Do a compression check to rule it out.
2) glow plug system not operating correctly.
Check the voltage at the glow plugs and see how long they stay on for.Causes of poor fuel spray pattern
1) low fuel pressure (can be caused by injection pump, lift pump or clogged fuel filter)
2) clogged or worn injector nozzles.To start with a compression test would be good.Can you get one done or do it yourself? Also once ran for a while, how does it start if you shut it off and try to start right back up or within a few min try restarting?Let me knowThanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

do you still need help with this? please let me know.