Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

It makes a thumping sound when i try to start it, i noticed

Customer Question

it makes a thumping sound when i try to start it, i noticed that the break pedal seems like it is compressed already too.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: it was not driven for a few days, then we moved it for a about 1 hour, when we tried to put it back into the garage it wouldnt start back up
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2014 sorento
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i need to drive kids and get to work.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: tried starting without brakes engaged, put it in N and pushed it a few feet, and then tried to restart as normally do.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was a battery issue
Thanks anyway

Glad you got it resolved. Since you have already paid for help, is there another concern you would like help with or do you just want to mark this post as completed?