Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Kia Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Kia Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I have 2005 kia sedona and the condenser has leak is there

Customer Question

i have 2005 kia sedona and the condenser has leak is there something i can put on it to stop the leak
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Melissa, Good morning! Unfortunately, there is not any sort of chemical that you can add to the system that will stop a leak in the Condenser. The Condenser is located under the hood, mounted to the back of the Radiator. It's design is metal coils that circulate and cool the A/C refrigerant. Due to this metal coil design and the fact that the system is under vacuum, makes it tough for any sort of chemical to "take hold" and make a complete seal. Unfortunately, it will need to be replaced. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here! If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

If there are any other questions you had on this or would like an estimate for the repair or there was something I missed in my answer that you were hoping to have addressed, please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!