Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.
2921078

Kia grand carnival 2008 3.8 L engine just driving along and

Customer Question

Kia grand carnival 2008 3.8 L engine just driving along and Engine stopped no noises no overheating only has 103,000 km starter motor is clicking but seems to be not turning Crank over Oil is still cleaning just wondering what you may think it is
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

Does the starter make a single click or a bunch of rapid clicking when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It makes a single click every time turn key
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

OK

It sounds like it may have either broken the timing chain or jumped time. However, I have seen times where one of the pulleys seizes up and stops the engine from cranking. I actually had this happen one time with a power steering pump.

So, I would take the drive belts off the engine and see if it will crank then, or if you can turn the engine by hand using a socket on the crank pulley bolt. If it will crank without the drive belt on, then check all the pulleys to see if you can tell which one is seized up.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No typing is fine thanks
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

I am good with typing as well. The site generates the phone offer.

Do you have anymore questions for me today?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No that's all I know at this stage
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Ok

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Also, please remember to rate my answer.

Thanks so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

I hadn't heard back from you so I thought I would check and see if you needed further assistance with this or not?