sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2014 KIA Sorento it has about 24000 miles the A/C

Customer Question

I have a 2014 KIA Sorento it has about 24000 miles the A/C has not work right from day one. I will turn the A/C on to max it will start cooling down but i have to leave it on max to get it cool. When I am in town driving I push the accelerator and the goes from cool to warm and it will get a little hot. What is going on with my A/C.
Thank you
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We're is answer at?
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im Dave, sorry for the wait. is the sorento a 4 or 6 cylinder?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it has operated the same since the vehicle was new then initial system performance is likely correct, but it shouldn't be warning up when you accelerate unless you're accelerating hard. Under certain conditions it will shut the compressor off under acceleration.

Do you have a vent thermometer to check actual temperature to see if it is initially out of range?

Can you estimate how far the throttle is open under acceleration when it warms up?

If it has been operating this way since new I'm assuming you've seen your dealer. What were their findings?