sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I was wondering where is the fuel pump realy restart button

Customer Question

Hello. i was wondering where is the fuel pump realy restart button on a 2000 kia sportage.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: the battery is new and the car has 120 miles.
JA: What is the model of your '00 Kia?
Customer: the model is a 200 kia sportage and the vin label is KNDJA7236Y5651150
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i am hoping to fix this myself. So far i have taken the seats out of the car trying to find the fuel pump relay button and the fuel pump doesnt get fuel so i am looking for the fuel pump relay. so far.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no not anything else i am just trying to find the fuel pump relay restart button.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you're looking for an inertia switch such as on Ford products, but your vehicle does not use one.

I'm assuming that you don't have power at the fuel pump with the engine cranking. Lack of power at the pump could be due to a bad pump relay, blown fuse, wiring issue, or the engine controller may not be awake.

Have fuses been checked?
Do you have spark?