Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I just bought a 2005 Sedona w/122,000 miles w/3.5 engine. It

Customer Question

I just bought a 2005 Sedona w/122,000 miles w/3.5 engine. It quits running while I'm going down the road (REAL HOT HERE IN KANSAS) & won't start until it sits for a while then goes for a little bit & quits running until it sits for a while. When it runs great UNTIL IT QUITS RUNNING.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a common symptom of a failing fuel pump. Next time it shuts down try to see if it runs on starting fluid, if so replace the fuel pump. This is about a $400 job to have done at a shop, here are replacement instructions. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.