sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Well my Kia sport age 2005 think ex ...when I turn on my car

Customer Question

Well my Kia sport age 2005 think ex ...when I turn on my car is sounds like a Harley in the sense that it idles up and down for a while shut it iff not as bad ...when I try to pull of it acts or sometimes shut down I also sometimes feel pulling like there some type of disconnect... ... At a stop it will shut off initial when first use ..... Right under the air bag light where the rmp are there's this light that blinks greenand it look like to little pole on each side with a line connecting and so etching in the middle flashes 5 xand stops?
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: No I have not checked codes?
JA: What is the model of your '05 Kia?
Customer: Ex
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tune up all wires filter plug ect replace the sensor throttle clean and the last thing a gasket today ...rides perfect afterwords
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The pulling I told him and that flashing green light that comes on flashing look like something not connecting properly.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: ? I'm sorry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

2.0L or 2.7L engine?

When idles up and down, is it erratic or rhythmic in nature?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would say some times both but more rhythmic
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

Ok, again, I need to know the engine size. 2.0L or 2.7L engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I had o find it 2.7
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Need some help just asking about a problem with my 2005 Kia sportage 2.7llt which when I turn it on it idles and cuts offs when stop or acts like it going to cut off...there's a green light that flashes looks like too poles on each side with a plug in the middle and while driving it pulls or there is a disconnect some where . I need someone to answer I had to get my info for the questions that where asked
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm a first time user and this honestly sucks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you're describing an electronic throttle control warning light, which would go along with the symptoms you're having. You could have a throttle body or wiring issue, a vacuum leak or intake restriction, or the engine controller may be perceiving an intake restriction or vacuum leak due to an incorrect sensor signal.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there. Have you had a chance to check for fault codes?