Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech

The A/C cools when turned on, but stops cooling after a

Customer Question

The A/C cools when turned on, but stops cooling after a while.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what is failing on your AC system the first thing you need to do is to install a set of AC pressure gauges and monitor the system pressure with the AC on and the compressor running. Normal pressure on a properly charged system needs to be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side (suction) and right at 200 to 225 PSI on the high side (pressure). If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you get this resolved.