Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

It is the blower motor switch on my 2002 kia optima. I am

Customer Question

it is the blower motor switch on my 2002 kia optima. I am trying to figure out how to get it out
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 142000. automatic
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What i would like is instructions on how to get the middle panel off of my dash to replace the blower motor switch on the 2002 kia optima 2.4 L. We think it is the interior blower motor switch that has gone out but can't seem to find the schematics on how to remove the interior switch to replace it with a new one
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, does the blower motor only work one one certain speed or not at all? If you bang on the blower motor will it start working?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does not blow at all. You can feel the outside air blow in from outside and it is cold but when you turn the switch on, no air come out. But you can hear the idle speed change when you turn the a/c switch on/off
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Is it a manual or automatic ac control system? Have you tested for power and ground at the blower motor?